Monday, November 16, 2009

Let's Play Dress Up

As many of you could have guessed, Monday Night Football is big at Hooters. It's the busiest night of the week and the only thing that brings in more people than that is the UFC fights. I'm not exactly sure what the reasoning behind it is but every Monday night, the girls that are working have to dress up. There's a list of themes in the back that tell you what you will be dressing up as for each game and there's a little booklet with ideas of what to wear for each week.

I've worked almost every Monday Night Football since I started (tonight I have the night off though!!!) and at first, dressing up was fun. Now it's really just turned into an expensive pain in the ass. I spend, on average $50.00 every week on a costume that I will probably never wear again. I do make the money back in tips that night plus a lot more but if I saved that $50.00 every week, it wouldn't take me long to have enough money for new tires on my car. Which I desperately need before the snow comes...

It also is a bit of a scramble to get a costume together since the schedule for the next week usually up until the Thursday before. I don't work Thursdays, and although I could call and ask what days I work, I don't find out my schedule until Friday night, when I'm working and unable to go shopping for a costume. Saturdays I like to sleep in a little bit and then go out with friends and not think about work and then Sunday I work until about 5PM at which point all the stores close for the night. So Monday, in the 3 hours I have between school and work, I have to rush around the city trying to find myself a costume. Not fun and pretty stressful.

Last week, we had to dress as cheerleaders. So on Monday afternoon I went to 4 costume stores, all of which had no cheerleader costumes left. I went to a couple sex stores but decided that I didn't want people to actually see my breasts while I served them their food and putting a shirt underneath that top just wouldn't look right. I went to a fifth costume shop and found a pink cheerleader costume that came with white pompoms. It was $120.00. At that point, I was getting pretty desperate so I tried it on. The thing was too damn big. So I went to the mall and pieced a costume together. I got a white skirt, a red sweater with a big letter H (perfect!) on the front and some pompoms from the dollar store.

I got to work and changed into my costume. The other girls usually dress a little bit more revealing than me but not too much. This week, they outdid themselves, though. There were miniscule skirts with no shorts underneath, bare midriffs and v-necks cut so deep that nip-slips were inevitable. I still felt good about what I was wearing because I wouldn't constantly be worrying about what was hanging out of where. I walked over to the table where we were doing jump start and GM F told us to give him a second. He came back with a pair of scissors and handed them to Tink.

"Go fix HGWB."

Seriously? My skirt was kind of short and the sweater was a v-neck. It wasn't nearly as extreme as the other girls but it's not like I looked like I was wearing a burka or anything. Me and Tink went to the back and laughed about how ridiculous our job is. We cut an inch or two from my skirt and cut the neck of my sweater to make it a deeper V.

GM F was pleased with the results. I was glad I wore spandex shorts under my skirt.

Things like this happen a lot at Hooters. Most weeks, there's a girl who isn't showing enough skin and just a few weeks ago we were told that on the days when our city's hockey team is playing we were no longer allowed to wear jerseys or t-shirts for the team since, according to GM F, "nobody wants to go to Hooters and see a girl in a plain t-shirt serving their food."

I just have to laugh about it.

6 comments:

  1. On the one hand, the GM might be right about that one point (kinda depends on the jersey, though, so maybe its hard to say). On the other hand, its totally ridiculous that you have to pay for the outfits yourself. Can you refuse to work those nights? That would seem fair to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try thrift stores. You'd be surprised at what I've found for those PIA dress up days.
    "There were miniscule skirts with no shorts underneath"
    Ummm how the hell do they get away with that? We of course show quite a bit at our store but the managment would crap if we did that. What were they wearing just nylons? How the hell do you bend over without mooning the whole store??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We dress up on occasion as well but are still required to wear our shorts underneath whatever costume we may have on. This rule was mandated not by our stores, but by corporate. It makes me wonder if your dress up days are actually approved. All I know is that even if I wasn't required to wear the shorts I still sure as shit would! I guess we all have different levels of comfort though lol.

    As far as cheap costumes I agree with the thrift store thing. You could also look to children's sections. I've done this before and have had particular success at both Old Navy and Target.

    http://girlandguitar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went as a Hooters Girl for Halloween. As a guy, I felt kinda exposed. Don't know how you girls do it all the time. I shouldn't always do anything people dare me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect because the thing I love when when women get their dress off and more knowing they're the hooters women, they're really hot and uninhibited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. any ideas on like the bunny dress up days??

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Who's Stopped By?

Just so you know...

Everything said here is my opinion alone. These statements are NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWs AND/OR OPINIONs OF HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, OR OF ANY OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATE. HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, AND OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATES ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE," AND THEY DO NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE."