Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bitchy Bitch Bitch.

Saturday night. Trying to think if I should go out or not since I'm broke. Get a call from GM F asking me to go to work since one girl couldn't find a babysitter. Hmmm... Money? or Drinks? Being a responsible adult, I chose the money.

So I get ready and head out the door. When I get to work, I find out that it's a bar shift. Oh perfect. You might remember that whoever is on bar NEVER makes good money. But I was already there so I couldn't back out.

The restaurant was really busy that night with 2 groups of about 30 people each and the rest of the tables filled up as well. The bar, on the other hand, had 1 person all night. Quite disappointing. I was glad that the restaurant was so busy and that everyone in it seemed to be drinking since that kept me from being unbearably bored.

Mother Goose was on the floor that night along with the girl that trained me, KJ, and another girl who started around the same time as me. I think it is appropriate if I call her The Bitch.

Anyways, I was kept busy during my shift pouring pitchers of beer, mixing drinks, making shooters and all that fun stuff. One table was going through Jager Bombs like crazy and were using up all the Red Bull so I had to run and grab some more out of storage. I was gone for approximately 45 seconds and I made sure nobody was waiting for drinks to be made before I ran to get some. When I returned, There was 1 drink chit up and The Bitch was standing at the bar looking very unimpressed. I looked at the chit and went to put the Red Bull on the bar so that I could free my hands to get her 2 bottles of Budweiser. Which, by the way, takes about 3 seconds to do. When I walked away from the chit, she cleared her throat really loudly, and I turned around to look at her.

The Bitch: Um, I've been waiting for, like, EVER for those drinks. Are you gonna get them or what?

Me: I was gone for a minute to get some Red Bull. I'm grabbing them right now.

The Bitch: Yeah, whatever. This is ridiculous.
I decided it wasn't worth it to start arguing with her over something so trivial. I grabbed her the beer and went to put the Red Bull away.

All the other girls were really appreciative of me coming in since they would have been in way over their heads had they not had a bar tender. I had everyone's drinks ready for them really quickly and I kept things tidy so that it would be easy for since me to close the bar when I was done. At one point, about 5 chits all came up at the same time. I laid them all down in the order they came up and started getting all the bottle first, since they take the least amount of time. Then, I started on the pints and pitchers. The girls made a few of the mixed drinks themselves since they can reach both guns from the other side of the bar and when I was done, I started making them myself.

The Bitch and Mother Goose were standing a little off to the side and I heard The Bitch complaining about how I was taking so long to get her drinks. Mother Goose just ignored her.

After I finished making all the drinks, The Bitch moved all the dirty glasses from where they dirty glasses go on to where we're supposed to put the drinks that are for the girls on the floor.

Me: What are you doing? Those don't go there and they're going to be in my way.
The Bitch: Well you need to put them through the dish washer. Now.
Me: I'll do them when I get a second. Put them back where they go or I won't have room to put your drinks up, or anyone else's.
The Bitch: Well if you wash them they'll be out of the way.

I just walked away. I'm not really a confrontational person but this girl was really pushing it. I didn't want to flip out at her since I don't think that would be okay to do at work. Mother Goose came around the back of the bar and told me that she saw what happened and that if I wanted her to she would talk to Doughnut about it. I told her I didn't really want to make a big deal about it and I would talk to him myself, but thanks.

I don't even understand what this girl's problem is. I've never done anything to her, or even worked with her at all. Everyone else is so nice and even if I was slow, they would have offered to come help me out instead of bitching about how I'm putting them in the weeds. Maybe she was just having a rough day but even so, I don't think it was fair for her to take it out on me.

2 comments:

  1. It really sucks when you have to work with someone who is clearly jealous. Hang in there. You already have the support of your other fellow Hooters Girls. BTW, I like the nicknames you assign to your coworkers. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have to deal with people like that. Unfortunately, there's too many of them in this world. I used to work at Dunkin' Donuts and this girl who always worked the same shifts as me was exactly like The Bitch. She was actually hired a month after I was, yet she still felt the need to correct every little thing I did and order me around like she was my manager. I eventually quit that job for other reasons and learned that she was later fired for neglecting her own customers. What goes around, comes around...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Who's Stopped By?

Just so you know...

Everything said here is my opinion alone. These statements are NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWs AND/OR OPINIONs OF HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, OR OF ANY OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATE. HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, AND OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATES ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE," AND THEY DO NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE."