Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And you get... $5.56.

My fourth training shift was more of the same and nothing too eventful happened. I was told that I didn't need to do the usual 5th training shift so I would be all alone the next time I went in. I checked the schedule so see when my next shift was. Thursday 4:45BAR. I was nervous about being on bar alone since I had only had 1 training shift on there but I figured I could handle it. 

On Thursday I went in and R3 was the manager that night. He's probably the least laid-back of all the managers but he's still really cool and fun. I knew if I needed help or got too busy he would be more that willing to help me out.

Thursday was not busy. 2 people sat at the bar during my ENTIRE shift. And each of their bills were only about $15. For the most part, I got more familiar with where everything was and I cleaned. The kitchen guys taught me how to make the Steak Sandwich since I looked so bored. I ordered some food and ate in the back and kept an eye on the bar so that if I had to get a drink for one of the girls or if someone decided to sit down at the bar I would know. I'm a very slow eater. It took me about an hour to eat my fried pickles and celery with ranch. No drink orders came up and nobody sat at the bar during that time.

When I did have to pour beer, I did much better that I had done during my training. There was less foam and less spilling, something that I am very proud of. Tink helped me to remember everything I had to do to close the bar when I was done. I cashed out and took my money to the office in the back for R3 to count.

I was short a couple dollars and realized that it was because I forgot to put the money for my food in the till. As I pulled out my tips from that night, R3 stared. 

R3: Jesus. You didn't make anything!

Me: Well there was like 2 people that sat down at the bar all night... I couldn't really do much about it.

R3: Oh really? Well don't worry you'll make so much more on the floor.

He counted out the money I owed and put it in the till.

R3: So... you get $5.56 tonight!

He laughed and told me that girls hate working on the bar because nobody ever makes very much money doing it. My next shift was Saturday during the day and I would be on the floor. Makin' money!

4 comments:

  1. It's the complete opposite at my location. The girls at the bar make tip share on top of their tips so they make about twice as much as us poor floor girls lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get tip share as well but we get it at the end of the week. And our bar is NEVER busy. Sometimes on game nights or UFC I've heard but other than that nobody ever sits there really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy that the bar where you work isn't busy. I'm a bartender and would be very sad if my bar wasn't busy.

    Who goes to Hooter's and doesn't want to sit at the bar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's lonely behind the bar at my Hooters. At least the kitchen boys are really cool and funny! I had another bar shift the other night and I spent 3 hours of it coloring Halloween coloring sheets!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Who's Stopped By?

Just so you know...

Everything said here is my opinion alone. These statements are NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWs AND/OR OPINIONs OF HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, OR OF ANY OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATE. HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, AND OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATES ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE," AND THEY DO NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE."