Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jager Bombs!

My third training shift was a little while ago but I've been really busy with papers and reading and all the other school-ish type things that need to be done but I'm neglecting my schoolwork for a little bit so I can tell you how it went!

After having my bar shift with Tink, I was back on the floor with KJ for my third night of training. The night started off pretty slow, with only a couple small groups coming in and a few lone rangers sitting at the bar. At about 6:30, I had a table with 2 middle-aged guys who were very friendly (not in a creepy way!) and lots of fun to serve. They told me they would only be sticking around for an hour or so and just have a couple drinks since they were going to meet their baseball team at a bar later on.

By 9:00, they were still sitting at the same table and about 15 of their teammates had decided that Hooters was the place to be and came to join them. KJ came over to take half of the tables drink orders while I got the other half theirs. There was an empty stool at one end of the table that had a wallet sitting on top of it and KJ asked what that guy would be drinking. Just as she said it, he came up behind her and let her know he wanted a bottle of Corona. As he was saying this, KJ looked at was trying to see what was written on his shirt, prompting the guy to say "Um, excuse me. My eyes are up here (indicating his eyes), not down there (and now his chest)." The whole table burst into laughter and KJ said "Yeah, I should know better by now!"

All of the guys were really funny and I could tell they were enjoying themselves. Since we didn't have many other tables, we were able to hang out with them and talk and have a good time. They did countless rounds of Jager Bombs and tequila shots and used beer as their chaser. If they hadn't had a bus waiting outside for them, we would have had to cut them off pretty quickly. We made sure they ordered some food to absorb some of the alcohol and KJ had a huge grin when she saw how much their bill came to (over $1200). 

After they had all paid, I was slightly put out by the fact that I had done just as much work as KJ but didn't get any of the tips. I completely understand why I don't get to keep any of the them, but it still sucks! Obviously KJ is an awesome trainer and without her I wouldn't have learned as much as I did as fast as I did so she deserves the tips! And when she has to tip out to the kitchen and the bar at the end of the night, she shouldn't have to pay them out of her own pocket.

The guys got a few free shirts that all the girls signed and they headed out the door. I knew they would have a rough time playing baseball in the morning.

After that shift, I felt completely confident about working on the floor. I'm excited to start making my own money and having my own tables. I think it'll be a lot of fun and that I will be good at it.

I also did my liquor test and my ticket times test that night and passed with flying colors!!! I got 100% on both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Who's Stopped By?

Just so you know...

Everything said here is my opinion alone. These statements are NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWs AND/OR OPINIONs OF HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, OR OF ANY OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATE. HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, AND OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATES ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE," AND THEY DO NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE."