Monday, September 14, 2009

Interview #2

So today was my second interview at Hooters. I don't think I've ever worked anywhere that took 2 interviews to get in the door but I was pretty eager to get this job so I dressed to impress a second time, jumped in my car and headed down there. This time I wore a black pencil skirt (short, but not obnoxiously so) with a v-neck underneath and a pair of heels.

I was about 10 minutes early this time and I was told that GM F was just finishing up a couple things before he would be able to come talk to me but he wouldn't be long. It was pretty busy since it's Monday (FOOTBALL WOOOO!) so when I was still waiting 20 minutes later I wasn't too concerned. I like watching football anyways. But the time kept ticking by and I was starting to think that maybe he forgot about me. I struck up a conversation with the girl working behind the bar and she said she would remind him since he tends to get distracted especially when it's busy. She seemed really nice so I was a little bit relieved to know that I wouldn't be shunned from all the girls if I were to get hired.

All of a sudden I heard someone yell my name from across the restaurant. I looked over and saw GM F waving at me and holding up 2 fingers (give him 2 minutes!). I smiled and shouted "Don't worry about it" back at him. Sure enough a couple minutes later he was standing beside me apologizing for making me wait and offering me something to drink. I assured him it was no problem and got some water. A couple shots of tequila probably would have relaxed me but I think that's frowned upon when you're at an interview.

The second interview was much like the first: relaxed, fun and not nearly as scary as I had imagined. We talked about my availability, the uniform and the Hooters "look", why I thought I would be good at being a Hooters Girl and if I knew anything about football, hockey or UFC fighting (yes, no and sort of). He showed me the change room, complete with straightener, curling iron, blow dryer, hair spray, lotion and anything else a girl might need to maintain her appearance during her shift. After my little tour we sat back down and he told me that he thought I would be a great addition to their family (and I totally got the sense of all the staff being like a family there) and I could go for my orientation on Wednesday. Yup, that's right! I GOT THE JOB!!!

I think I thanked him about a million times. I've honestly never been so excited about getting a job and I think my enthusiasm about it will help me if I have a rough time with any of the training or with any of the girls. I'm determined to succeed at this job. Not that I've failed at other jobs. I've done the best I can everywhere I've worked... except maybe when I worked in a deli but really? Slicing meat isn't something to get excited about.

But my orientation is in 2 days so I'll definitely be making a post about that! And I might have one tomorrow when I break the news to my parents... We'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, hon! Great post, too. I'm definitely looking forward to reading future entries from you. I'll get a post linking to your blog up sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to apply at hooters tomorrow in the downtown area of my homw town and they are always busy!!! im not gonna lie, im scared. the girl on the phone told me to dress nice? any advice? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Who's Stopped By?

Just so you know...

Everything said here is my opinion alone. These statements are NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWs AND/OR OPINIONs OF HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, OR OF ANY OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATE. HOOTERS INC, HOOTERS OF AMERICA INC, AND OTHER HOOTERS AFFILIATES ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE," AND THEY DO NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT, "THE HOOTERS EXPERIENCE."